Thursday, April 21, 2016

Nyx Gotcha Covered Concealer versus It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer


Hi there!

Today's post is all about the It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye concealer and the Nyx Gotcha Covered concealer

First off, Bye Bye Under Eye is meant for the under eye area (but of course you could apply this anywhere on the face) while Gotcha Covered does not specify where one should apply the product. But based on its thick consistency and finish, I have been using Gotcha Covered solely on my under eye areas. 


Here's a swatch of Nyx Gotcha Covered in Light and It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye in Neutral Medium

To preface, Bye Bye Under Eye has been my go-to under eye concealer since about December. It's got great coverage, it's moisturizing, it's easy to apply, and a little goes a long way. But after getting close to running out of the product, I started looking for a new under eye concealer because it doesn't fully cover my dark circles (and I do color correct) and it's a bit pricey for my liking (it's $24.00 at Ulta). I quickly found out about Gotcha Covered and ordered it from Ulta.com. Here are my thoughts:

Pros
It's affordable
It's highly pigmented (but still doesn't fully cover my dark circles)
It comes in 10 shades (Bye Bye Under Eye has 4 shades)
It's not drying
It doesn't crease as much as Bye Bye Under Eye
It has compact & simple packaging

Cons
It has a slippery, greasy finish if not set with powder
It doesn't last as long as Bye Bye Under Eye

Bottom Line
If you're on a budget and want a wider shade range, try out Gotcha Covered. I think that the two products are pretty similar in that their textures are the same (thick, smooth, & glossy), they offer about the same coverage, they're both packaged in convenient squeeze tubes, and they're non-drying on the under eye area. Overall, I don't think you can go wrong with either one of them.

Hope this was helpful,
Allison







1 comment: