Friday, April 15, 2016

Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot Foundation Review + Swatch: Happy Medium


Hi there!

So today I bring you another review- this time on Soap & Glory's new One Heck of a Blot Foundation. (If you want a quick rundown of pros & cons scroll down)


To preface, I always set my foundation with a setting powder; so I don't know how this foundation acts on its own.

The foundation claims to last for 12 hours on the skin, provide full coverage, blur away imperfections, and control shine. And all for $19.00!

What's unique about this liquid foundation is that it dries to a powder finish (which I believe is how it helps absorb and control oils). I've got dehydrated skin that becomes oily throughout the day, and I think that this foundation does do a pretty good job at keeping shininess at bay (I find that I do end up being a little shiny).

There are some cons to this product. I find that it can accentuate any dry spots and there are only 4 shades available (I bought the second to the last darkest shade).


Above you can see a swatch of it compared to MAC's Pro Longwear Foundation in NC25. The swatch comparison clearly shows that the two foundation shades do not match, but once Happy Medium is blended onto skin it's not as "dark". I would guess that Happy Medium could suit those who are about an NC25-30. 

Bottom Line

Pros
Easily blendable 
Easily buildable (first layer proves to be a medium coverage)
Controls shine for a good amount of time
Does not feel like a mask on the skin
Affordable (especially with Ulta's $3.50 off $10 coupon)
Product dispenses easily with pump

Cons
Very limited shade range (comes in Fair Enough, Cool Sand, Happy Medium, & Caramel)
Can accentuate dry spots
Doesn't keep skin completely matte all day

Overall, I recommend this product if you can find a shade that suits you.

Hope this helps!
Allison :)

PS: I apply this foundation with the It Cosmetics for Ulta brush #110











No comments:

Post a Comment