Monday, September 9, 2013

A Review: GOOD & CLEAN Pore Purifying Mini Peel

Hello!

I've always been some sort of acne product hoarder and stick to what I know (salicylic acid, benzoyle peroxide, etc.), but I've recently been into Alba Botanica (because they're cruelty free and contain natural ingredients) & decided to give this peel a go. And I'm glad I stepped out of my skin comfort zone because holy cow- I love this product. I always thought that skin care products driven by fruit/vegetables extracts were some sort of hippy dippy gimmick, and could never work as well as hard core chemicals that have been created by scientists- but I was wrong.


Fortified with 6% Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), this peel is able to remove dead skin cells and relieve pores of toxins- enabling more breathe-ability. I've never used a chemical peel before because I thought that peels would essentially work exactly like facial scrubs & exfoliators. I have to say that I'm Team Peel now because my skin has never felt so soft and cleansed. I've used Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub  for years and thought its micro beads were able slough away all of my skin's impurities well enough, but after using Alba's Mini Peel, I'm convinced that AHAs are better suit for digging deep into pores and cleansing. This isn't to say that I'll stop using scrubs, because I do enjoy the feeling of exfoliating, it's just that I'm more open to the world of AHAs now. 

I apply this gel a few times a week for at least two minutes. It does make my skin tingle a little bit, the scent isn't overwhelming, and it is kind of on the pricier side for a drugstore product. Anyway, I'll be repurchasing this peel in the future, and recommend it to those who are looking for a gentle skin care product to clear out pores and soften skin. 

Hope this helps :)




*Disclaimer: Photo does not belong to me.
 Photo Credit: © 2012 The Hain Celestial Group, Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment