Friday, May 31, 2013

Summer Brights

Summer is just around the corner and the West coast is definitely feeling it. One of my favorite products to transition to Summer weather is a bright and fun nail polish. Normally the only nail polish I use is OPI Lincoln Park after Dark or Betsey Johnson for Sephora by OPI “Forever Wild”. Those two are essentially very, very dark purple hues which look almost black. But once Spring/Summer roll around I drop them and pick up my Barry M Nail Varnish in Pink Flamingo or OPI Lost Without My GPS.

They aren't too similar but they live in the pink/red scope. Pink Flamingo is a bright, creamy bubble gum pink   and Lost Without my GPS is a creamy coral red. Neither of the polishes have glitter, reflects, or much of a sheen. Formula-wise, I like Barry M more because it’s less “chip-prone”, which means it can last longer on its own if I’m too lazy to sandwich it between a top and base coat. Barry M formulas tend to be more creamy than OPI in my experience. 

(Click photo to enlarge)

(Click photo to enlarge)

(Click photo to enlarge)

I’m not a daring person when it comes to bright clothing, so I like wearing bright hues on my nails to add a little pizzazz and have some quirky colorful fun in the summer. If you’re trying to introduce more color into your wardrobe, wearing vibrant polishes is a simple and affordable starter.

I’ll be going to Europe for vacation in June so I’m definitely planning on ransacking Boots or Superdrug to pick up more Barry M polishes! 


Xo Allison 

PS: Lost Without My GPS was limited edition & Pink Flamingo is sold primarily in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment