Thursday, April 25, 2013

Review: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blushes (Natural Beauty + Dollface)

Hello!

So this will be my first official blog post! I thought I'd start off with a review of two of my favorite blushes- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blushes in Natural Beauty and Dollface.


Hinted by its name, Natural Beauty gives a natural flush to the cheeks with its red-based hue. Tarte's website describes it as "red", while Sephora.com describes it as a "strawberry red". Personally, I describe this blush as a berry red. If you're looking for a basic red blush then this is the one for you. It may look a little daunting but it gives a great flushed appearance on my warm toned skin. I would advise a light handed application to those with fairer skin so you don't end up looking sun burned or too flushed. 
Matte Red

On the other hand, Blissful is described by Sephora and Tarte as a "warm peach"; I think that this blush is a pinky peach shade-which pulls more pink than peach. Personally, I do not think that this shade is insanely overwhelmingly awesome but it's a nice, basic pink to have in one's collection.
Matte Peachy-pink
Now let's discuss the blush's widely acclaimed 12-hour staying power. I would not say that these blushes have the ability to last 12 hours, but I do think that these blushes have the best staying power of any blush product I've tried. I've worn either of these blushes through a whole day of school, without re-touching, and they've stayed on the entire time. Admittedly, after a handful of hours the blush won't look as it did the morning you applied it, but it's still hanging in there. Of course if you're up to the 12 hour challenge, you can apply the blush in light layers or wear a cream blush under as a base. 
Moving onto packaging. The blushes are encased in sturdy plastic compacts with a nice mirror attached to the inside of the flip-lid. The plastic is pretty sound and, when closing the compact, gives a satisfying click. The color of the packaging also depends on the shade it contains. Which is handy if you're unable to open the compact and swatch the shades. 
I must note that these blushes are not the most pigmented products in the market. If you're looking for a super pigmented blush then I would look elsewhere. If you're willing to give a pigment underdog a chance then these will tickle your fancy. Comparing the two, Natural Beauty is more pigmented than Blissful. 
Under daylight
Top- Blissful
Bottom- Natural Beauty 
Under daylight
Left- Blissful
Right- Natural Beauty 
Under daylight
Top- Natural Beauty
Bottom- Blissful
With flash
Left- Natural Beauty
Right- Blissful
Some final words: Tarte is a popular company which is branded as more natural and "earth engineered". The company does not formulate their products with parabens, phthalates, or synthetic fragrances. And my favorite part of the company is that they do not test their products on animals and is stamped with approval.
For those of you who have Amazonian blushes on your wishlist or cringe at the steep price, I advise that you sign up for their email notifications or social media platforms. I was reading the morning news, aka Instagram, and Tarte posted an Instagram exclusive 50% off flash sale promotion. Of course the day happened to be Valentine's Day, so I justified the purchases with it being Single Awareness Day in addition to the crazy discount.

Enough with the babbling! If you've made it with me through this treacherous blog entry journey and live to read this ending then props to you girl, or boy.

:) AL

No comments:

Post a Comment